What is design?
A design is an appearance resulting from features such as line, shape, form, color, material, or surface texture of all or a part of the product or of the ornament on it.
The competent authority for design registration in our country is Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (TÜRKPATENT). Protection coverage is determined by the Industrial Property Law No. 6769.
Benefits of Registration?
- Your designs will become official with the Design Registration Certificate.
- Protect your business and your products against unregistered designs and imitations.
- Prevents unlawful benefit attempts resulting from unauthorized use of your designs and allows sanctions to be imposed.
- Enables state grants and grants to be utilized.
- It eliminates risks to from competitors in your commercial life.
- Prevents possible conflict risks during export.
- Increases the value of your products and your enterprise’s competitiveness.
Protection can only be achieved through registration.
Immediately realize your design registration not to become a forger when you’re a rightful owner.
Documents required by Anadolu Patent to file a design application in Turkey:
- Applicant’s name, address, identity,
- Designer’s name, address, identity,
- Designs’ name and description,
- Designs’ photos (preferably in .jpg)
- You may find sample documents in Document Library page.
Design renewal applications start 6 months before the end of protection, and ends on the day when the protection ends.A design renewal request may be made within 6 months after the end of the term, provided that the renewal fee is paid with an additional fee. The designs that are not renewed within six months from the end of the protection period become invalid.
Notarized contracts must be submitted for transfer and licensing transactions.